A computer network may be defined as a group of two or more computers that is connected to each other by any communications devices, resources and data. There are various ways to create the computer network in which the wireless network has become the standard one in the past recent years. These wireless networks are widely used in the homes and offices to connect various computers with each other. A wireless network helps to eliminate all the errors and need of creating any physical connections between the systems. To set up a wireless network, ask for computer network support.
Steps To Set Up A Computer Wireless Network
– First, acquire all the necessary equipments that may require to set up a computer network. You need a cable or DSL internet connection and a modem to set up a network. To set up a wireless connection, you may be required to give default username and password along with the web address for the router configuration before setting the network. Make sure that all the devices that you want to connect with the network possess installed network adapter.
– Connect the cable modem to the live cable jack. You will require an account with the local cable internet service provider.
– By using the standard telephone cable, connect DSL modems through jack.
– With the help of the Ethernet cable connect router and modem.
– Now, you need to connect the host computer to the wireless router. You can connect both of them with the help of the network USB or Ethernet cable. Supply the power source to the modem and wireless router. Wait for the few seconds and let it boot up.
– Now, start up the computer and log in to the desktop to configure the wireless modem. Open up internet browser and type the IP address in the address bar and then press enter to get directed to the router configuration page. Go through the instructions which is provided router operational manual for the router configurations. By going through the process, you will be capable to change network name, username, password and the other security settings.
– Connect all the devices to the new network by selecting a Select to option from the start menu and then browse to the Connect to a network option to select the new created network. Secure your network by setting up the password and username.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you can setup a wireless network connection. In case, any issue arises in between then browse the internet and search for the reliable computer support services provided any trustworthy company. By taking help from the experts, you can save you plenty of time and money.